- KUARI PASS TREK
- 6 Days
- 8 to 55 years
- Difficulty : Easy-Moderate
- Tour guide
Day 1 - Drive from Rishikesh to Tapoban
Day 2 - Drive from Tapoban to Karchi. Trek from Karchi to Akhrotghetta
Day 3 - Trek from Akhrotghetta to Khullara
Day 4 - Trek from Khullara to Tali via Kuari Pass
Day 5 - Trek from Tali to Auli. Drive to Joshimath
Day 6 - Depart from Joshimath and reach Rishikesh
Drive from Rishikesh to Tapoban
Drive distance: 263 km | Drive Duration: 9-10 hours | Pick up point for Trip Photo trekkers: Live Free Hostel, Rishikesh
Transport will be arranged at 6.00 am sharp. This cost has to be borne by trekkers and paid directly to the driver. Cost of the cab – Rs 7,500 per vehicle (5-6 seater) and Rs 11,000 per Tempo Traveller (12 seaters) for the transport one way.
Drive from Tapoban to Karchi. Trek from Karchi to Akhrotghetta
Drive Duration: 40 mins | Trek Distance: 2.75 km | Duration: 5-6 hours | Altitude gain: 6,175 ft to 9,265 ft
Moderate continuous ascent throughout the day from Karchi village. A bit of steep climb for the first 20 minutes followed by a 1.5 - 2 hours gradual ascent through the forest cover of oaks and maple trees.
Trek from Akhrotghetta to Khullara
Trek Distance: 2.5 km | Trek Duration: 4-5 hours | Altitude gain: 9,265 ft to 11,014 ft
Moderate ascent to Khullara through golden and brown oak forests on all sides. Look back and take a glance at the stunning mountain views which open up as you reach Khullara.
Trek from Khullara to Tali via Kuari Pass
Trek Distance: 7.65 km | Trek Duration: 8-9 hours | Altitude gain and loss: 11,014 ft to 10,890 ft via 12,598 ft
A long day with the climb to the Kuari Top with a steep ascent. Join Lord Curzon's trail and reach the top. The list of the big mountains from the Kuari top is almost close to reading a menu card. The trek later takes you on the windy ridge with a combination of ascent, and descent to the lovely forests of Chitrakantha and Tali.
Trek from Tali to Auli. Drive to Joshimath
Trek Distance: 8.10 km | Trek Duration: 7-8 hours | Altitude loss: 10,890 ft to 9,390 ft
A day to witness and soak into the views of Mt. Nanda Devi. The initial climb to Tali lake through the forest and then trek on a sharp ledge. The mountains get bigger as you walk on the lovely Gorson Bugyal to end the trek at Auli.
Depart from Joshimath and reach Rishikesh
Drive distance: 263 km | Drive Duration: 9-10 hours
Drop off point: Live Free Hostel, Rishikesh
You are expected to be back in Rishikesh by 7.00 pm. This transport cost has to be borne by trekkers and paid directly to the driver. Cost of the cab – Rs 7,000 per vehicle, shared among 5-6 trekkers and Rs 10,500 for a Tempo Traveler
Please note: The distance between campsites may vary by 100 meters depending the weather conditions and the route you take. The altitude may also vary by 100 feet for similar reasons.
- It is mandatory for trekkers to carry a copy of their photo id along with the mandatory documents of the Medical Certificate and Disclaimer form. This is required for trek permissions.
- There are no facilities at Tapoban. Do not leave things till the end.
- The stay at Tapoban and Joshimath/Auli will be in a lodge
- On the trek, you will be staying 2 in a tent
- We have a Cloak Room facility at the base camp for excess luggage. Do not leave behind any valuables in the cloakroom.
Please note: Twin sharing tents may not be available in May, June, July and August. This is because raw materials for making tents are sourced from different countries. But their export has been affected due to international unrest. This has led to a global shortage of tents. Having said that, you'll still have comfortable space as these tents have been designed to accommodate three trekkers.
- Transport Support from Dehradun from Day 1 to Day 6
- Accommodation on Twin Sharing basis. Day 1 & Day 5 in Guest house, rest in camps
- Meals from Day 1 Dinner to Day 6 Breakfast
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Guide, Cook & Other Support Staff
- Forest Permits
- Camping Equipment, Dining Tent & Stools, Kitchen Tent, etc.
- Any costs incurred apart from the above inclusions
- Accommodation in Dehradun
- Personal Baggage Offload, at INR 300 per bag per day or INR 1200 for entire trek